Sunday, March 21, 2010

I Can't Believe It

I can't believe that I haven't blogged since November. A lot has happened and nothing has happened. Thanksgiving was fabulous with Petey and Maureen and the kids in St Louis and then Debbie and the kids in Columbia. Tommy was off in India for work and we were sad to miss him. Christmas was quiet, but nice. We had a wonderful celebration for El Cobijo and the men enjoyed themselves immensely. We shared our own Christmas with good friends, Bliss, Kris and Al. I found a recipe for "perfect" prime rib and it was fabulous. Did I mention that Sonora has some of the best beef in the world?
Bruce is still very busy with his work in Hong Kong. We're going over in a few weeks and I'm excited. I also have the added bonus of seeing Scarlett who will be turnig one. She is so adorable and quite a piece of work apparently. Her grandmothers have been busy adorning her with quite the wardrobe!
I have continued my work with El Cobijo though since they have moved back to their old building they don't need as much assistance. Luz, the head nurse has wanted to start a bazaar on Thursday mornings and hopefully make some money for incidentals.
Our house is coming along beautifully and we are hoping to be there by Christmas. My pizza oven is still happening. In fact we drove up to Tucson and picked up some fire brick last week.
Today is a truly historical day. I believe that the health care bill is going to pass. In spite of all of the controversy and so much bitterness I believe that everyone deserves health care. I don't think anyone opposing this bill has had a family member who has been ill and without good health care. Where is the spirit of humanity in all of the anti-health care advocates. I hesitate to bring it up because it is such a touchy subject, but it can't be ignored. I have not heard this much pontification by congress in a long time!
I plan to continue my blog on a frequent basis because I love to write and I love to share my life in Mexico with my readers so we will talk soon.

3 comments:

  1. So glad to see you posting again!!! Have missed you! And it sounds like you have been busy indeed! Welcome back! Love, Janine XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yayy! Here you are back again! And I didn't nag a bit...LOL

    Really looking forward to seeing you in your new house, what a thrill that will be.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jan, you're back! Yay! Thanks for your kind words, I am toooooo excited to see you in March, how long has it been? '96? '97? Yikes!

    It sounds like you have been dealt some challenges - but I agree with you that living in a warm climate like this is way easier on you. Being an optimist is huge, I'm so glad you are both positive.

    See you soon, amiga!

    ReplyDelete